Content object types
In Saurus CMS you work with various type of content objects such as:
- Section - the structure of the site is built up using sections. Sections can be described as folder or category which contain articles, documents, sub-sections etc. Section usually appears as menu item on the website interface but can also be hidden.
- Article – the most universal content object type allowing to create rich text with images, tables, hyperlinks, feedback forms etc.
- Forum – bulletin board topic, structure item very similar to section.
- Album – image gallery from a folder in "public" in File Manager
- Comment – can be user posting in forum or linked to any other content object such as article.
- Hyperlink – although you would normally have hyperlinks inside article text, there is also an option to create those as separate objects for example for including external links in web menu structure.
Each object has a set of appropriate metadata fields such as author, keyword list, date etc. These fields can be modified and extended using data profiles feature in the product.