How to add Google Analytics tracker?
This article explains how to add visitor statistics gathering to your website using Google Analytics.
Create a Google Analytics account
To create an Analytics account:
- Visit http://www.google.com/analytic
- Enter your Google Account email and password and click Sign In. If you don't have a Google Account, click Sign up now to create one.
- Click Sign Up.
- Enter your Website's URL, making sure to select either http:// or https:// from the drop-down list. Enter a nickname for this account in the Account Name field, then click Continue.
- Enter your contact information and click Continue.
- Read the Google Analytics Terms of Service. If you agree to these terms, select the Yes checkbox and click Create New Account to continue.
Add the tracking code to your web page
To access your tracking code:
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- From the Analytics Settings page, find the profile for which you would like to retrieve the tracking code. Please note that tracking code is profile-specific.
- From that profile's Settings column, click Edit.
- At the top right of the Main Website Profile Information box, click Check Status.
- Your tracking code can be copied and pasted from the text box.
To copy your tracking code to the web page:
Using Google Analytics data
After adding the tracking code to your website you can see all visitors statistics from Google Analytics page http://www.google.com/analytic
View the video below to get ideas about how to use and interpret your data.
You can find more info and help about Google Analytics on page: