Before installing Saurus CMS make sure your hosting server meets the minimum requirements. The easiest way to check all criteria at once is to download Check Requirements script and place it to your website.
Server Platform requirements
Saurus CMS supports LAMP and WAMP platforms and is currently available for the following server platforms:
- Operating Systems: Linux, Microsoft Windows NT/2000/XP.
- Web Server Software: Apache.
- Program language: PHP 5.0.0 until 5.2.1.
- Database: MySQL 4.x until 5.1.35.
- For Enterprise Edition versions: free software Zend Optimizer must be installed in server, this is necessary for decoding PHP scripts. Download Zend Optimizer from:
http://www.zend.com/en/products/guard/downloads. At least version 3.3.9 is required when the PHP version is 5.2.10+), minimum version of ZO is 3.3.0
Saurus CMS should be able to run on any web server which is supported by PHP. Saurus CMS is officially tested and supported with Apache running on Linux and Windows. Other platforms might also work but they are currently untested and unsupported.
Note: When using Apache it is not recommended to run PHP as a CGI binary, use the Apache module instead. The Apache module is not only faster, it also causes less load on the server.
Note: PHP Safe mode is not officially supported.
Apache URL Rewrite Engine module (mod_rewrite) must be installed to use Saurus Alias module. See more in section "Configuring the Alias module ".
PHP PCRE library (configure option –with-pcre-regex), http://www.php.net/pcre
PHP mbstring library, Multibyte String Functions http://www.php.net/mbstring
Disk space requirements
Saurus CMS itself takes up approximately 10 MB of disk space.
Open Source Software included in the package
- jQuery UI Datepicker (http://marcgrabanski.com/code/ui-datepicker/) licensed under MIT License is included in the Saurus CMS package.
- Thickbox (http://jquery.com/demo/thickbox/) licensed under MIT License is included in the Saurus CMS package.
- Lightbox (http://leandrovieira.com/projects/jquery/lightbox/) licensed under CC Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 is included in the Saurus CMS package.
- prototype (http://www.prototypejs.org/) licensed under MIT License is included in the Saurus CMS package.
- PlcZIP library for handling ZIP archives in PHP is licensed under Lesser GPL License.
- jQuery ScrollTo (http://flesler.blogspot.com/2007/10/jqueryscrollto.html) licensed under MIT License is included in the Saurus CMS package.
- SWFUpload (http://swfupload.org/) licensed under MIT License is included in the Saurus CMS package.
- Services_JSON (http://pear.php.net/pepr/pepr-proposal-show.php?id=198) library licensed under BSD License is included in the Saurus CMS package.
Supported Web Browsers
- For website visitors: any HTML 4.0-compliant web browser with CSS 2 support (including Macintosh, Unix, and Windows environments).